Pro*C call util_file.fopen.

From: helper <wangz_at_isd.net>
Date: 2000/03/15

Pro*C call util_file.fopen.

I try to use pro*c to call store proc utl_file.fopen.

Desc utl_file.fopen

FUNCTION utl_file.fopen RETURNS RECORD

 Argument Name                  Type                    In/Out Default?
 ------------------------------ ----------------------- ------ --------
   ID                           BINARY_INTEGER          OUT
 LOCATION                       VARCHAR2                IN
 FILENAME                       VARCHAR2                IN
 OPEN_MODE                      VARCHAR2                IN

Question: How do I declare the return variable -ID?

I used the following declare and get errors. Pls see below: EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
Int file_id;
EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;
……..
.
.

EXEC SQL EXECUTE
        BEGIN :file_id:=utl_file.fopen('/u43/ORACLE/apps.cordev03/3.1taxware/w ork/',

                          'AVP_TAXcalcuation.out', 'w');
                utl_file.put_line(:file_id,'Start calculate Tax at '||
to_char(s
ysdate,'y
  yyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss'));

        END;
  END-EXEC;

(1) PCC-S-02382, expression is of wrong type

I also try to declare as short w/o any luck. I guess my question is what BINARY_INTEGER type means in pl/sql or C?

--
Zosen Wang (wangz_at_rocketmail.com)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.