Re: Table partitioning on 1 CPU, 1RAID controller - is it has a sense?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: 2000/03/15

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Oleg Fedorenkov wrote:
>Hi, All!
>
>I am in doubts.Table(index) partitioning on a system with 1 CPU, 1RAID
>controller - is it has a sense?
>Or it's worth to do it only on multyCPU and multidisk systems?
>
>With best regards,
>Oleg Fedorenkov

        Partitioning can be very useful regardless of the number of CPUs and RAID controllers when used for applications where it is desirable to carry a fixed number of days, weeks, months, or years worth of data and then purge the data for the oldest period at the start of a new period. Received on Wed Mar 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CST