Re: Is MTS reliable with Oracle?

From: Faizul Hamid <dsstest_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/03/15

Hi Michael, thanks so much for your real world advice.

Just to confirm, you are suggesting using OO4O data access object layer (DAL) rather than ADO, to provide greater stability with Oracle. From my understanding using this DAL will provide better integration with the Oracle objects and procedures.

So the OO4O DAL will work in MTS objects without transaction support, and to confirm, code the transaction support in the objects themselves or using stored procedures in the database?

Any other wisdom's you can provide will be appreciated. For example does the Oracle services for MTS work only for Oracle 8i? Is there any documentation on coding Visual Basic objects to make use of this service?

It has been very difficult to access any real world experiences with Microsoft Transaction Server and Oracle. In addition we have enterprise support with both Oracle and Microsoft, and have so far not received much help. In fact one Microsoft support rep did not find the KB that describes configuring MTS with Oracle, only when I provided the specific KB number was it miraculously found!

Thanks

Faizul