Outer Join and IN Predicate...a Question

From: <suchandr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/14

Hi,
Does any one know, how to use Outer Join with In clause. I have a 3 column join of two tables and an in clasue in the where as WHERE Table1.A (+) = Table2.A AND

Table1.B (+) = Table2.B AND
Table1.C (+) = Table2.C AND
Table1.D (+) IN ('one','two','three'); // Outer is not allowed here. So
I replaced the above line with
(Table1.D IN ('one','two','three') OR Table1.D IS NULL); as Outer join gives us a rwo full of nulls to work with. This seems to work okay. Except that even for all matching rows, I get an extra row with NULLS (for columns in outer table)...I want to avoid this. Does any one know any workaround for this or any other way of doing the same...
Thanks much for your help
-Suresh.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Mar 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CST