Re: Inserting IS Very Very Slow - Why?

From: David Allen <dballen_at_looksmart.com>
Date: 2000/03/14

I know ... I may be out in left field on this ... or this may have already been suggested ... but I would try the following and see if there is any performance differences ...

#1. try wrapping the entire thing on one big transaction.

#2. try doing a commit after each insert.

#3. try doing a commit after every X inserts; X = 100; X = 500; ...

Do you see any difference in performance?

Does the insertion process slow down over time? Meaning, are the first 1000 records as fast/slow as the next 1000 records? Received on Tue Mar 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CST