Re: Date Types

From: Tom Zamani <tomz_at_redflex.com.au>
Date: 2000/03/14

Markus,
try this
select to_char(sysdate,'DD/MM/YYYY HH24: MI : SS') from dual; This will give you date from year to second.

 create table tommy (id varchar2(20) default to_char(sysdate,'DD/MM/YYYY'),

                                 name varchar2(10))
SQL> / Table created.

SQL> insert into tommy (name) values('Tom');

1 row created.

SQL> select * from Tommy;

ID                   NAME
14/03/2000           Tom