Re: Database talking to itself?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/03/14

Take a few snapshots of v$filestat shortly after startup and tell us if there is anything significant about the tablespaces that
Oracle is doing its I/O to.

(The 'obvious' guess is that tha some very large objects with lots of extents have been dropped and smon is going crazy trying to coalesce thousands of free extents)./

--

Jonathan Lewis