Re: Is MTS reliable with Oracle?

From: DNP <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 2000/03/14

Oracle has a Multi-Threaded Server configuration.

It is what helps Oracle have many thousands of simultaneous connections.

Basically, my point was that talking about MTS in an Oracle newsgroup, it helps to explain whether its MS'es Transaction Server or Oracle's Multi-threaded server.

More importantly - I find it interesting that you believe Microsoft will make your life easy whilst you try to connect to a non-MS database. MS in my opinion only provided services to Oracle grudingly.

Their implementation of Data Access Components (MDAC) is, to serious professionals, simply not production quality yet.

They are forever interested in tempting developers with new gee-whiz tools. Developers are by nature curious and well you know the rest. There's no shame in being tempted (we all are) but you owe it to yourself to wait a while and let others get 'cut' on 'the bleeding edge' of technology.

Would you trust a company that's recently announced to the world that it wants to compete with the games manufactures of Sony and Sega, think they can or will spend equal amounts of energy making their MTS best of breed?

Can you risk it?

Just my opinion,

David P.