Re: ora-12514

From: Kari Pannila <Xkartsa_at_ougf.fi>
Date: 2000/03/13

Hi

Maybe this helps you ( check your Oracle Net8 configuration ):

 oerr ora 12541
12541, 00000, "TNS:no listener"
// *Cause: The connection request could not be completed because the listener

// is not running.
// *Action: Ensure that the supplied destination address matches one of
// the addresses used by the listener - compare the TNSNAMES.ORA entry
with
// the appropriate LISTENER.ORA file (or TNSNAV.ORA if the connection is to
// go by way of an Interchange). Start the listener on the remote machine.

marketmaker wrote:

> I was configuring the Application Server when I got this
> message. But I couldn't find any details about it in the on-line
> documentation. Does anyone have an idea what this error is
> about? Thanks!
>
> mm

PS. Delete X from my mail address , it (X) is only for SPAMMERS.