Tablespace creation problems.

From: <jghione99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/03/13

I am learning Oracle 8. I am practicing SQL command within SQLPlus.

It is my own NT server and I have all rights and privileges in both NT and Oracle.
I am using the default starter database that came with the install. In other words
I just did a fresh install and never setup another instance or database.

My problem is when I executed the command:

    create table MYTABLE ... tablespace MYTABLESPACE     (I edited out the field definitions).

I get the error "MYTABLESAPCE does not exist."

However I can create tables if I do not specify a tablesapce. I assume when I do that the new tables are added to the system tablespace.

The book I am using seems to indicate that I should be able to execute the above command. I tried this logged on as SYSTEM as well as a user with DBA privlegages.

If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it.

thx Received on Mon Mar 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CST