Re: Performance : Need better performing Oracle!!!

From: Erik Trolle <erik_trolle_at_hp.com>
Date: 2000/03/13

Hi

To do the job you need CPU resources and IO resources. From your description, IO is the main problem, and CPU accounts for only 150/400 = 37% of the total time. It makes more sense to look at the IO problem. An idea is more memory and larger Oracle SGA.

But to answer your questions:
1 Without addressing the IO problem, you should expect something like 4.5 hours overall time, i. e. only modest reduction 2 If you eliminate all the IO bottlenecks and use an N4000/8 you should be able to run step 3 in less than an hour

If this is still not fast enough, then plan for multiple Servers and Databases.

Erik