Re: puzzling thing with oracle...

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/12

In article <8aekg3$ve9$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   skudsi_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I am calling a stored procedure from PRO*C that selects data from a
> table according to three parameters , the index (CHAR(2)) and key
 (CHAR
> (36))and option.
> WHEN I call the procedure with option '='
> The select * from table where index = value1 and key =value2 works
> when the option is 'LIKE'
> select * from table where index = value1 and key like value2% doesn't
> work although there should be matching data.
> If I change the stored procedure so that the parameters are VARCHAR2
> instead of CHAR() the LIKE statement works while the equal doesn't.
>
> anybody has a clue on what's going on??
> thanks,

I think you will need to post the code to get a meaningful answer on the board. The only suggestion that comes to mind without seeing the code is that your problem might be related to char vs varchar comparision rules.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.