Re: Firewall Problem with Oracle 8.1.5 on Linux SQL *NET

From: marketmaker <wensheng_98NOweSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/03/12

The log looks fine to me. It looks like you did get a connection (as indicated by the return code "* orcl * 0"). "(HOST=192.168.200.21)(PORT=1060)" is not the db server address but that of the machine attempting to connect. That's why the port number could be different each time. The first few lines in your log indicate that the instance ORCL is listening on port 1521. So I guess I'm confused about what your actual problem is. Can you log on to your db server through sqlplus or svrmgrl at all?

mm