Re: V$SESSION, do sessions killed ever get deleted from it?

From: DNP <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 2000/03/12

Q. Do killed sessions ever get deleted from v$session?

  1. Normally. Status may change to KILLED if the session cannot be interrupted.

May not disappear if the comms link (network) broke between the client and server (e.g. cable cut). In this case the process still exists but Oracle can't or won't kill it using IPC. In these cases you need to bounce the instance to clear the processes. Alternatively, you could kill the processes at the OS level if you want to be more daring.

David P.