Re: Snapshots

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/03/11

Erich wrote:

> I am very new to Oracle (7.3) and have keep data updated between two
> databases in two domains. I was told to use snapshots. Is there anywhere on
> the web where I can get information and possible useful scripts for creating
> snapshots.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Erich

Start with "Oracle Distributed Databases Vol 2" (in the 7 doco), and "Oracle Replication" in the 8+ doco.

If you don't have the doco, you can register (for free) at technet.oracle.com and see them there.

HTH

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk

We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse