Cant register database with RMAN: dbms_rcvcat package not compatible with the recovery catalog?

From: bmlam <bmlam_at_online.de>
Date: 2000/03/11

I set up a recovery catalog on a second database and tried to register the target database using Recovery Manager. However I hit the following errors:

Recovery Manager: Release 8.0.4.0.0 - Production

RMAN-06005: connected to target database: TST2 RMAN-06008: connected to recovery catalog database

RMAN> register database;

RMAN-03022: compiling command: register
RMAN-03023: executing command: register
RMAN-03026: error recovery releasing channel resources
RMAN-00569: ================error message stack follows================
RMAN-03006: non-retryable error occurred during execution of command:
register
RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel default
RMAN-10032: unhandled exception during execution of job step 1: ORA-06512: at line 13
RMAN-20298: dbms_rcvcat package not compatible with the recovery catalog

RMAN> Any idea?

I am using Oracle 8.0.4 on NT with SP4, both databases run on the same box using the same version of Oracle server. Thanks! Received on Sat Mar 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CST