Re: Is MTS reliable with Oracle?

From: Andrew Gayter <andrew.gayter_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 2000/03/11

Strange. We are coming to the end of a claims system based around a workflow.
Anyway - our site is ORACLE (on VMS) and NT. To be honest we haven't had many problems with ORACLE, the biggest headache is the fact that nobody knows for sure if ORACLE is XA compliant on VMS. Several fixes modify the VMS lock manager - so everything seems okay.

Make sure you use the MS OLEDB driver for ODBC. Don't use OLE-DB for ORACLE - we couldn't get it to work.