Oracle Recovery Manager, is that a joke?

From: bmlam <bmlam_at_online.de>
Date: 2000/03/11

I finally got two instance running tst2 and rman.

TST2 is my target database. RMAN the instance where the recovery catalog resides with user RMAN being the owner of the recovery catalog. I started RMAN this way:

RMAN80 target internal/password_at_tst2 rcvcat rman/password_at_rman RMAN>register database;

RMAN>report need backup days 1 database;

To my surprise, the datafiles listed are those belonging to instance RMAN, and NOT what I expected, namely the ones belonging to the target database TST2. Do I have a fundamental misunderstanding of Recovery Manager or is the whole thing a joke?

Would appreciate any hints that shed a light into this mist. Received on Sat Mar 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CST