Re: TEMP and BIG_RBS on the same disk?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/03/11

NetComrade wrote:

> I was wondering, if only one transaction is accessing both
> tablespaces, can I place them on one disk?
>
> My understanding is that it won't write to RBS until it's done sorting
> in temp.
>
> Correct me if I am wrong ( I won't be offended or suprised :)
>
> Thanx.
> ---------------
> In case I forgot to mention:
> We use Oracle 7.3.4 and 8.1.6 on Solaris 2.6, 2.7 boxes
> Andrey Dmitriev eFax: (978) 383-5892 Daytime: (917) 750-3630
> AOL: NetComrade ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email

For a small user community it shouldn't be too bad, but don't forget that as the numbers go up, then you may have lots of people writing to both at the same time (indvidually they aren't doing both, but collectively they are).

Just keep an eye on the disk and decide if/when the two need to be split.

HTH

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk

We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse