Re: Oracle 8.0 dies on HP-UX 11.0 when /stand/vmunix changes

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/03/10

You mean you were rebuilding the kernel when Oracle was running? Isn't that just asking for trouble?
And Oracle 'ridiculously fragile', if that would have applied, the marketshare of Oracle would have been much lower. Also, you don't provide any log or trace files here, what did you do to get it running, or is it still down?
What do you expect from the ng by posting here. I never saw this behavior but then I would always make sure anything was shut down before a kernel rebuild.

Regards,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA