Oracle 8.0 dies on HP-UX 11.0 when /stand/vmunix changes

From: Ulrich Windl <wiu09524_at_rz.uni-regensburg.de>
Date: 2000/03/10

Last Friday we had a reboot of the database server scheduled at 15:00. I began preparing a new kernel about 30 minutes before that time. Unfortunately as soon as the new kernel was put in place, Oracle processes paniced and dumped core like crazy. Maybe the TNS listener stuff is related.

I'm not the Oracle guru, but the HP-UX one. Anyway: It seems Oracle is ridiculously fragile.

Of course: Nothing about /stand/vmunix in any oracle log.

Regards,
Ulrich Windl
<Ulrich.windl_at_rz.uni-regensburg.de> Received on Fri Mar 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CST