Re: RAID0+1 Configuration Redo Logs

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/03/10

But if the redo gets busy, that leaves one disc busy for a long time, which means
that any other activity on that disc is
hit.

Since there aren't enough discs to dedicate the redo to their own discs, it is better to stripe.

Your general point though of avoiding a single redo write hitting multiple discs is good; so it would be sensible to work out the likely scale of the commonest redo write size and put that much (rounded to 64K) as the write/per/disk size on the striping you put onto the redo volumes.

NB -- you don't have to stripe everything at the same stripe size. (at least, not with the LVMs I've worked with).

--

Jonathan Lewis