PCTFREE & PCTUSED

From: J <Vurley_at_263.net>
Date: 2000/03/09

I have some questions about the usage of PCTFREE & PCTUSED. Hope anyone can give me the answer along with the explanation. T.I.A

Vurley

Q: Which parameter reserves the more space for future updates
  1. high PCTINCREASE
  2. high PCTFREE
  3. high INITIAL
  4. high PCTUSED
  5. Row migration is a result of
  6. high PCTFREE
  7. low PCTFREE
  8. high PCTUSED
  9. low PCTUSED
  10. If the space usage parameters are set to the default clause, which change could cause higher processing costs because blocks will be considered free more often.
  11. raising PCTUSED
  12. raising PCTFREE
  13. lowering PCTUSED
  14. lowering PCTFREE

Q : Which setting for the storage parameter should you use if tables are updated very infrequently

  1. low PCTUSED
  2. high PCTUSED
  3. low PCTFREE
  4. high PCTFREE

Q : If your table grows significantly, which storage parameter should you increase

  1. MAXEXTENTS
  2. PCTINCREASE
  3. PCTFREE
  4. PCTUSED
  5. Which parameter value should you use if tables have frequent inserts and deletes
  6. low PCTUSED
  7. high PCTUSED
  8. low PCTFREE
  9. high PCTFREE
  10. You are creating the LINE_ITEM table that will experience extensive insert activity. Which space utilization parameter setting is most appropriate for the table?
  11. low PCTUSED
  12. low PCTFREE
  13. high PCTUSED
  14. high PCTFREE