Re: RAID0+1 Configuration Redo Logs

From: Phil Cook <pncook_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 2000/03/09

Colin,

You want to use striping to spreadout the hot spots, and get multiple spindles working
simultaneously on your reads. Oracle reads in a mininum of 64k chunks, so you
want your stripes to be 64k or larger.

I don't see any value in striping the redo logs. These are very write-intensive, and
you could end up writing to multiple disks at the same time.

Hope this helps,

Phil Cook