Re: Remove Datafile from database

From: Phil Cook <pncook_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 2000/03/09

No,

If the file is empty, you can do an alter database datafile 'xxx' offline drop, but the
file will still show up v$recoverfile. Look at dba_extents and link the file_id back
to dba_data_files to see if any extents are in that file. Cleanest method is
to export the objects in the tablespace, drop the objects, and re-create the tablespace.