News - Oracle Opinion on the matter

From: DNP <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 2000/03/09

From David P,

well one Oracle rep whom I spoke to today Thurs thinks it's per named human being. But he was unable to handle the situation where separtate users are created for application by application (i.e. one schema for each application's objects). Looking at a Oracle 8 Enterprise edition database here I can see ORDSYS, DBSNMP, MDSYS which are separate users in the simple sense of the word but are actually not humans. Another one from another instance is the WebDB user (who owns the WebDB objects).

How does Oracle propose to handle the above types of users?

Especially when the number-of-discrete-users high water 'mark' (count) will not be able to distinguish between human beings or internal schemas.

The plot thickens. Received on Thu Mar 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CST