Re: Newsgroup members - newsreaders are not the same!

From: Jay M. Scheiner <jxs_at_wolpoff_nospm_law.com>
Date: 2000/03/09

I use forte free agent, and it seems to handle threads correctly. However, I see most of your replies as a new thread, not part of their original thread.

On Thu, 09 Mar 2000 15:58:01 +0000, DNP <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com> wrote:

>--------------7783CFB3FA7
>
>A number of people have not been able to see threads properly, with the
>result that some replies seem to be orphaned.
>

>For example, a recent thread was invisible (in its entirety) to two of
>the people replying to it.
>
>A screenshot of my Netscape's newsgroup client software (Netscape v.
>3.xx) illustrates this.
>
>Referring to the screenshot, the posters Rick Wessman and Jeremy Ovenden
>could not see the thread properly (evidenced by the contents of their
>posts).
>
>So a general question to the newsgroup :-
>
>How does everyone access the newsgroup and does anyone have any ideas
>which newsgroup client software apps don't handle threads properly?
>
>Thanks in anticipation,
>
>David P.

Jay M. Scheiner
Programmer/Analyst
Wolpoff & Abramson, LLP
remove _nospm_ from email address
Opinions are my own only!
To email, remove _nospm_ from address. Received on Thu Mar 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CST