Re: Performance : Need better performing Oracle!!!

From: Erik Trolle <erik_trolle_at_hp.com>
Date: 2000/03/09

Some ideas:

1 Use SQL*Loader in step 2. Run parallel. 2 Use Array Processing whereever possible. E.g. step 4 3 Run utlbstat/utlestat reports and verify 4 Check proper indexes are in place and used. Hidden table scans can waste lots of CPU cycles
5 Remove unused indexes, to eliminate CPU usage to maintain them 6 Check all CPUs are used. CPU usage should be close to 100% all the time 7 If still problems and only more HW can solve the problem, then ask first whether data can be segmented and multiple machines used running in parallel. If yes, multiple N4000/8 would be first choice. Otherwise V2500/32

Erik Trolle - HP Asia Pacific