Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: 2000/03/09

On 9 Mar 2000 02:00:23 GMT, Norris <jcheong_at_cooper.com.hk> wrote:

> [...]

Don't have the slightest problem with this. That's what makes progress work.

PROVIDED we are talking about "building on".

Badge-engineering and term re-invention like MS does all the time is what I'm against. This is not the same as "building on somebody else's work". This is crap, desguised as marketing.

Many years ago, it was the norm to use tar and feathers for what MS marketing does. Nowadays, the stock market hikes up the share price when MS re-names something instead of "building on something"...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Thu Mar 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CST