Re: Problems with semaphores in Sun.

From: Martin Hepworth <maxsec_at_totalise.co.uk>
Date: 2000/03/09

Julio
I find it best to increase the kernal parameters to 'something huge' on SOlaris systems running Oracle. There's little performance/memory hit in doing so and it means you don't have to re-do them ever again.

Here's mine for a large database...

set priority_paging=1 # works with solaris 7 or 2.6 with a patch # means that data files get paged before executables, can help with systems with low memory.

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295 # max with solaris
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=1024
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=1024
set semsys:seminfo_semmap=1002