Re: newbie

From: Steve McDaniels <steve.mcdaniels_at_sierra.com>
Date: 2000/03/08

Oracle (even on a PC) requires at least some reading.

If you installed the .HTML stuff, start at the beginning and read it. (This is worth the effort)

If you have the manuals, start with Server Concepts. Definitely familiarize yourself with the Server SQL Reference, Server Administrator's Guide, etc.

THEN, create your own tablespace/datafiles, user account, and finally tables, views, etc.

Unlike MS-SQL server, which is a fine product in it's scale, Oracle allows (nay, requires)
some tuning and adjustments: how tos only come from the manuals, Oracle training, or
turning your system admin function over to an experienced Oracle DBA. You won't be able to
just come across the needed info by happenstance and there is too much you need to know
to get it all from this newsgroup.

Best of luck to you
Steve.

"Bernd Kraemer" <b_kraemer_at_gmx.de> wrote in message news:38C64A90.13F6C976_at_gmx.de...
> I Have the same problem under w98. Is there an Idee ?
>
> Ajay schrieb:
>
> > Hello all
> >
> > I am new to oracle(v. new) - i have installed oracle 8i on a sun box.
 Now