How to reinstall Oracle 8.0.5 but use existing DB files?

From: John Haskins <76054.334_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 2000/03/08

Greetings, experienced Oracle mavens:

My Oracle installation got corrupted to the point that I had to wipe the installation (except ORACLE_HOME\DATABASE) and re-install it from scratch. (NT4, O8.0.5) The reinstall succeeded. Now I would like to reinstate my prior database files so that the actual database reappears and the prior data is present. If someone could point me in the right direction for that, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks. Received on Wed Mar 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CST