Auditing changes

From: John Haskins <76054.334SPAMBEGONE_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 2000/03/08

You experienced folks have probably dealt with this a dozen times: the need to record audit records at a greater level of detail than is provided by Oracle 8's built-in auditing features. Specifically, recording before and after images of an item's contents when something is changed. The process of doing this manually with triggers is clear, but it's also clear that writing these triggers for several dozen tables--and naming the columns individually in each one--is going to get tedious quickly.

I'm betting that some bright person has created a "universal" trigger that places its table's column names into an array, loops through them, and writes changes into an audit table--with a minimum of manual editing when it is attached to table after table. If someone here could point me in the direction of such a piece of code, I would be very grateful. Received on Wed Mar 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CST