Re: Max open cursors

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/03/08

> I fully realize there are a few implicit cursors being opened here, but like
> I said before, I'm COMMITing the transaction in my Java code and this
> doesn't help. Sooooo... how do I close an implicit cursor?

An implicit cursor is closed automatically for you. Also, don't forget that there may be many recursive calls to the db. Run your stuff through TKPROF to find out this information. Each recursive call may open many cursors for you. I joined this thread late so I'm not sure if my answers are any help or not, but here they are.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
Raytheons Systems at