Re: populating v$session data

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/03/07

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000 21:58:39 GMT, "JIM McINTOSH" <jcmcintosh_at_home.com> wrote:

>Hello.
>
>We are running 7.3 on an NT server with both WIN95 and NT clients (with
>NOVELL involved somewhere along the way). When we look at the data in
>v$session, there is no consistency. Some osuser's are 'guest', some are the
>NOVELL logon user name. Although the client application should be the same,
>the path within the value in the PROGRAM column is all over the map. We are
>looking to standardize the installation of the application. It would help
>us if we could understand how these values in v$session are being set. Can
>anyone lead us to the right resource? Thanks!

Osuser simply is the user who is logged on to the local PC. This would suggest on several PCs the user is logged on as guest and doesn't even use Novell, but LanManager instead.
The inconsistencies in directories are probably caused by people mapping different network drives to the same physical directory. To avoid this network drives need to be mapped during a standardized login script.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Tue Mar 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CST