ORA-27123 unable to attach shared memory segment

From: <j_books24x7_1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/07

Running oracle 8.1.5.0.0 on Redhat 6.0 with kernel 2.2.12, I keep getting the error ORA-27123 unable to attach shared memory segment when trying to startup an instance with an SGA > 150 MB or so. I have modified the shmmax and shmall kernel parameters via the /proc/sys interface. The relevant output of ipcs -l is below:

This system has 2gb of physical memory and is doing nothing except oracle.

I changed the shmmax and shmall parameters after the instance was created, was their something I needed to do to inform Oracle of the changes?

Anything else I might be overlooking?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Mar 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CST