Re: Sorry - I don't have experience on AIX

From: DNP <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 2000/03/07

Posted Saturday 11:10 (unsure which timezone)

P.S. why can't your newsreader etc. browse up in a thread (to earlier messages)?

           Oracle XML SQL Utility. Please help
      Date:
           Sat, 04 Mar 2000 06:34:55 GMT
      From:
           "Verma" <ranju-ravi_at_worldnet.att.net>
 Newsgroups:
           comp.databases.oracle.server

I will truly appreciate if somebody can give me some insight into this problem. This is urgent for me.

I had downloaded the Oracle XML SQL Utility from the Oracle site and have
been using it on an Oracle 8i database on Windows NT. Things ran smoothly.

Now we are migrating the Oracle database to AIX.

My efforts at loading the utility in the database (AIX) has gone in vain till now. When I try to load the java class (XML Parser) using 'LoadJava'
utility, it results in a core dump. The message I get is :

SIGSEGV received. Processing terminated
Writing stack trace to javacore.txt ... SIGSEGV received. Processing terminated
full version ""

Can somebody give me any clue about where could things go wrong to trigger
this segment violation resulting in a core dump ?

I am producing below the contents of the file Javacore.txt :

SIGSEGV received. Processing terminated
full version ""

Full thread dump:
"Async Garbage Collector" (TID:0x3002bd00, sys_thread_t:0x20081e38) Native Thread State: ThreadID: 00000203 Reuse: 1 DAEMON MONITOR WAIT Native Stack Data : base: 20116440 pointer 201160b8 used(904) free(257144)
----- Monitors held -----

TIA
Verma Received on Tue Mar 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CST