Re: dbms_output statements print after executing WHY?

From: <karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/07

Hi,

 sqlplus does a dbms_output.get_line() after your procedure call returned, just like you'd have to do in oci or pro C.  There is no way to get the buffered messages while the server process is busy executing your pl/sql. If you need real-time access to messages, use a pl/sql pipe and a conncurrent session to listen on that pipe. (== two server processes.)

Karsten

In article <0a2889cc.07cf71b8_at_usw-ex0105-034.remarq.com>,   anurag <aminochaNOamSPAM_at_unibiz.com.invalid> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering why does pl/sql print the dbms_output statements
> after executing the procedure. why cannot it work like any other
> language and make our lifes easy.
>
> Thanks
> Anurag
>
> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
 Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
 Free!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Mar 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CST