Problems with spaces in file system paths when using sqlplus

From: Daniel Pietraru <dpietrar_at_newbridge.com>
Date: 2000/03/06

Hi everyone,

I need an answer to a very urgent problem with sqlplus. I try to launch (from a Java class) sqlplus or plus80, or plus80w, on Win NT, with the following command line:

sqlplus -s user/password @path\sqlfile1

The problem comes when the "path" includes spaces (for example c:\program files\myapp\sql\).
In this case sqlplus tries to load the file c:\program.sql !!! I discovered that if I use single quotes the problem is solved for the command line:

sqlplus -s user/password @'path\sqlfile1'

But, if the "sqlfile1" calls itself a new sql file like in

@@sqlfile2

which is supposed to use the same path like sqlfile1 (the caller), again sqlplus tries to find the file c:\program.sql

Is there any solution to this problem? Is it possible to load in sqlplus a file from a directory which has spaces in its name, and this file to call other files from the same directory (with @@)?

I will appreciate any help.

Regards,
Daniel Pietraru Received on Mon Mar 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CST