Re: Oracle's ? = SQL Server's stored procedure ???

From: <arpita_khanna_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/06

I have not yet started working on it but somebody has already made me aware of the problem. There is a article on Microsoft's MSDN on line under:

Technical Articles\Enterprise Developments\Fitch & Mather Stocks 1.0 (for win N 4.0)\Fitch & Mather Stocks: Data Access Layer for Oracle

This has a topic 'Using Oracle stored procedures to Return Recordsets'. This might be helpful for you.

Thanks,
Arpita Khanna

In article <8a0ep5$91a$1_at_news.gov.on.ca>,   "xiaomh" <xiaomh_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know what's the simliar object in Oracle to stored
 procedure in
> SQL Server,
> I mean:
> In SQL Server, you can get two recoredset in one stored procedure,
 for
> example:
> create procedure myTest
> as
> select * from jobs
> select * from employees
>
> How can I do this in Oracle? It seems to me in Oracle's stored
 procedure, I
> can only use DELETE, UPDATE or INSERT. Should I use CURSOR to realize
 this
> purpose?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Mar 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CST