Re: Partitioning OCP Question

From: Keith Boulton <boulke_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: 2000/03/06

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000 14:30:04 -0000, "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>It's just another example of a verybad question.
>

>>Which Oracle8 feature can reduce the size of temporary tables used for
>>sorting large tables.

My feeling is that the questions are maybe lifted from the training materials (I don't know for sure, my last Oracle course was 13 years ago) and there is some context missing. I looked at the question and wondered what the hell "sorting a large table" meant, since as I understand it you cannot sort a table - you can retrieve records from a table in a particular order. Received on Mon Mar 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CST