Re: Max open cursors

From: Chad Sheley <csheley_at_usa.capgemini.com>
Date: 2000/03/06

OK, I'm REALLY starting to second guess myself on this, but if that's what it takes to solve the problem, so be it...

Here is the code from the SP called from Java method addPriceMaster(). I know there is an implicit cursor opened for the first select and the call to getNextTableID() opens another to get the primary key to return and then updates the table I get the primary key from. (Circumventing oracle SEQUENCES - don't ask ;-) )

Also, the addPriceMasterDetail() Java method calls 4 other stored procedures to insert into child tables and each of those stored procedures first looks up a code to get the reference primary key ID to insert. To clarify, I first look up a primary key in a domain table and then insert into a different table.

I fully realize there are a few implicit cursors being opened here, but like I said before, I'm COMMITing the transaction in my Java code and this doesn't help. Sooooo... how do I close an implicit cursor?

Even better, how do I keep track of how many cursors are currently opened in my database?

I hope I'm giving enough information to get the help I need.

Thanks,

Chad

    IF o_price_master_id < 0 THEN

        RomsErrorPackage.RaiseRomsError(RomsErrorPackage.ERROR_20108);  END IF;