Re: long data type

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/05

In article <38C210B7.DA8E066C_at_cableone.net>,   "Robert W. Stanford" <stanford_at_cableone.net> wrote:
> I am using a long data type , and it was my understanding that it
 could
> take up to 2 gigs of character data......
>
> using cold fusion to write to the db, we error out with "string
 literal
> too long"....on just 7k.
>
> suggestions?

If you are ver 8+ then use a LOB instead of a long, since the long datatype is obsolete and exists only for backward compatibility. By using a LOB you can use the dbms_lob package to insert your data in chunks. Your error appears to be a Cold Fusion limitation.

--
-- Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.