Re: Extern "C" in External Procedures

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <fen_at_changegroup.dk>
Date: 2000/03/04

Have a look at
http://technet.oracle.com/sample_code/tech/pl_sql/htdocs/extproc_sql.txt and http://technet.oracle.com/sample_code/tech/pl_sql/htdocs/extproc_c.txt. You need to register with Oracle Technet but it's free and you get loads of documentation, samples, white papers, in other words, an excellent site.

HTH. Finn

Kenneth Herskedal <kenneth.herskedal_at_NOSPAMtrafsys.no> wrote in message news:89lt9h$oct$1_at_oslo-nntp.eunet.no...
> Can anyone post a sample on how to use extern "C".
> Thanks in advance
>
> Kenneth
> www.trafsys.no

> Thanks Fehrenbacher
> It worked for me as well.
> Its surprising though that I could not find a mention of this method in
 any
> Oracle documentation source.
> For those of you who might be using external procedures in the future, do
> remeber to use extern "C" with your function/procedure declarations if you
> are using C++ compiler.
>
> Cheers
> Owais
>

> In article <3891A4FD.D277E73_at_i-core.de>,
> Judith Fehrenbacher <fehrenbacher_at_i-core.de> wrote:
> > OK: I had exactly the same problem. My resolution was to put the
 extern "C"
> > in front of my function declaration, because I'm using a C++ Compiler.
 Maybe
> > this helps you too...
> >
> > Owais Anjum wrote:
> >
> > > I've done both the things. I've also started extproc listener in
> > > listener.ora and tnsnames.ora files. That is why I am getting the
 error
> > > message from extproc.exe which is titled "Bad Image".
> > >
> > > I'll try to get the document by tech support. I'll be waiting for
 more
> > > feedback by you people though!
> > >
> > > Cheers

 name