Oracle8i on Linux: java/lang/Thread

From: Cornelia Luoni <luoni5_at_cuimail.unige.ch>
Date: 2000/03/03

Hello
I'm installing Oracle8i on Linux (SuSe) and get the following error messages in the "Configuration Tools" :

  Tool Name                          Status
  Net8 Configuration Assistant       failed
  Oracle Database Config. Assistant failed

  Details for both:

  Unable to intitialize threads: cannot find   class java/lang/Thread.
  Could not create Java VM

I have java jre1.1.7 installed and as far as I could detect, oracle8i needs jre1.1.6. so that should be ok.... or not?

Thanks for any help.
Cornelia Received on Fri Mar 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CST