Re: Interesting question about locks !

From: Didier LENQUETTE <didier.lenquette_at_steria.fr>
Date: 2000/03/03

Hi !

Your request is very useful, but I have already one like this.

My problem is not an administrator problem, but a user problem.

Assume, your are in a sqlplus session.
You make a SELECT ... FOR UPDATE NOWAIT. that returns you ONLY ONE ROW You become ORA-0054 : ressource busy
You want to know who is locking the row.

When you launch your SQL, you become 100 rows, because 100 others users are working on this table !
But only ONE user is locking the row want to lock.... But Who ?

Another idea ?

Iosif Tanasescu <iosif.tanasescu_at_cgi.ca> a écrit dans le message : 38B571EA.7B55EBAB_at_cgi.ca...
> Hi
>
> try:
>
> select ORACLE_USERNAME||' is currently locking
 '||owner||'.'||object_name,