Problems with semaphores in Sun.

From: Julio <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: 2000/03/03

Hi all,

 We're migrating to Solaris from Digital and I've found a problem with t he
semaphores. As I'm trying to increase the processes more than 35 I get th e
following error at starting up my instance:

ORA-07279: spcre: semget error, unable to get first semaphore set. SVR4 Error: 28: No space left on device
Additional information: 1

The documentation recomends the following: 07279, 00000, "spcre: error semget, no se ha podido obtener el primer con junto
de sem foros."
// *Cause: An error occurred when trying to get first semaphore set.
// *Action: Check errno. Verify that system is configured to have semapho
res.
// Verify that enough semaphores are available. Additional info rmation
// indicates how many semaphores were requested.

In OSF had no problems with the default values for sempahores but we've c hanged
the following values, indicating the rest as default:

set semsys:seminfo semns0
set semsys:seminfo semmslP
set semsys:seminfo semmni0
set semsys:seminfo semmap0

We work with Oracle 7.3.4 in a Sun Enterprise 250 with Solaris 2.6

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

--

Julio Negueruela

'Hay algunas cosas que son tan serias

que solo puedes bromear con ellas.' (Bohr)