Re: Oracle 8i on Linux - nnflboot?

From: Graham Tritt <graham.tritt_at_bfi.admin.ch>
Date: 2000/03/03

thanks Peter for the hints via news:comp.databases.oracle.server and http://www.deja.com. Success!

It was a combination of all of these!
1. The .bash_profile had an incorrect LD_LIBRARY_PATH 2. the /etc/lb.so.conf was ok but we needed to run ldconfig, I still don't understand the warnings it still gives 3. deleted 8.1.5 and all installed software 4. deleted oraInventory and other files even oui in $ORACLE_HOME so the installer knows that it has to build everything 5. reinstalled
6. ran patches
no errors in the /tmp/81501.log or /tml/81502.log any more

sqlplus and svrmgrl ok

7. copied initXXXX.ora into $ORACLE_HOME/dbs database started ok

Now I gotta start with SQL*Net and building some databases ...

Later with Oracle Application Server and ... and ...

Thanks

Graham Tritt