Re: SGA

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/03/02

I suspect the original poster meant multiple instances, not databases. Anyway, since SGA size can be adjusted after your database is up and running, you can go with any size (default installation on NT is OK). Adjust the number later.

Yong

In article <yRiv4.5110$Zh4.831698_at_newshog.newsread.com>,   "Van Messner" <vmessner_at_bestweb.net> wrote:
> There is a lot of overhead in using a separate SGA for each database.
 Are
> you sure you couldn't make do with separate schemas in one database?
>
> Van
>
> Conny <cgarpo_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all....
> > Is there any formula that i can use to calculate my SGA??
> > I am going to have many db's on my server and each db will be 100
 meg. So
> > what would be a good SGA size for a DB of 100meg?
> >
> > Thank you again.. Conny

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CST