Re: export/import

From: K Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: 2000/03/02

raju_pillai_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Folks, I am trying to user export and import as a mode of backing up
> data for the tables owned by a specific user. But when I import the data
> back to the tables, I get duplicate rows. How can I eliminate this ?
> Below are the example of export and import commands I am using :
> EXPORT:
> exp system/manager rows=y consistent=y grants=n indexes=n constraints=n
> owner=X file=/oraclebackup/plvwdbX.bkp record=y
>
> IMPORT:
> imp system/manager file=/oraclebackup/plvwdbX.bkp rows=y grants=n
> indexes=n touser=X fromuser=X ignore=y
>
> What am i missing here ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Raju
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

You need to have a unique key on each table and you need a unique index. You should go ahead and export tables, rows, grants and constraints. If you perform an import you will receive errors for dup val on index, but you can ignore these messages.

Otherwise what you need to do is truncate the table before you do the import. Received on Thu Mar 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CST